Before hiring an agent to help you sell, ask them a few questions. Here are five good ones to use.
When you’re hiring an agent to help you sell your home, you want to make sure you hire someone who will do a good job for you. It’s not enough to get your home sold. You want it sold quickly and for the most money possible.
By asking your Realtor the right questions, you can determine whether they can represent you well or not. Here are some questions to consider:
- How long have you been in residential real estate? While this doesn’t necessarily matter, it is a good sign if your agent has sold a lot of homes in the past.
- How long does it take you to sell a home? If they have statistics, that’s great. Compare them to the market averages.
- How close was the sales price to the asking price on the last home you sold? This will let you know how skilled the agent is at knowing their market and getting your home priced properly.
A good agent is innovative, aggressive, and creative with their marketing.
- What marketing techniques will be employed to sell my home? It’s not enough to just throw a sign in the yard and put the home on the MLS. A good agent is innovative, aggressive and creative with their marketing.
- Can you provide references? This is probably the most important questions to ask. Talk to as many past and current clients as possible to get a better idea of how they do business.
If you have any questions for me or you’d like help buying or selling a home in Ft. Leonard Wood, give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.